Explore selections in Adobe Photoshop on your iPad. What you learned: Make a selection with the Quick Select tool, copy and paste
What you learned: Make a selection with the Quick Select tool, copy and paste a selection
Make a selection with the Quick Select tool
- In the Toolbar, long-press the Lasso tool. In the fly-out menu of alternate tools, tap the Quick Select tool.
- With an image layer active in the Layers panel, drag over an object in the image to select it.
- Make sure the Add to selection icon is highlighted in the Tool Options bar. Drag over another object to add it to the selection.
Create a copy
- In the Task bar, tap the Three-Dot icon and choose Copy layer.
- Tap Deselect in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the same Three-Dot icon again and choose Paste.
Make the copy smaller
- With the copy layer active, select the Transform tool in the Toolbar.
- Press a corner handle on the blue Transform boundary and drag inward to make the copy smaller without distorting it.
- Press inside the blue boundary and drag to position the copy where you want it.
- Tap Done to exit Transform mode.