The SBI Clerk exam allows candidates to join SBI as Junior Associates. The State Bank of India conducts this exam to recruit aspirants for Clerical Ca
The SBI Clerk exam allows candidates to join SBI as Junior Associates. The State Bank of India conducts this exam to recruit aspirants for Clerical Cadre posts yearly. The SBI Clerk exam is conducted through two exams – prelims and mains. SBI has rolled out a total of 5000+ vacancies for the Junior Associate posts.
The SBI Clerk 2021 exam is estimated to be held in June 2021. With only a month left for the SBI Clerk exam, it’s time to start your preparation in full swing. In this article, we will guide you with a complete study plan to crack the SBI Clerk prelims 2021.
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Prelims 2021: Exam Pattern
Before starting with the How to Crack SBI Clerk 2021 exam, let’s understand the pattern of the exam. The prelims consist of 3 sections and 100 marks. The following table will help you to prepare better –
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Prelims 2021: SBI Clerk Study Plan
To crack any competitive exam, a detailed preparation strategy and study plan are a must. In the last one month, it is essential to follow some tips that will improve your preparation.
|Week 1||Reasoning Ability
Candidates must cover all topics like puzzles, syllogisms, linear seating arrangement, seating arrangement, and data sufficiency. You must also practice problems on inequality, statement-based questions, flow-chart questions, Input-Output, and miscellaneous questions.
The questions asked from this section are usually challenging. Here, practice is the key! If you are unsure about arrangements and puzzles, you can try to focus more on the miscellaneous part.
To solve problems on syllogisms, you can use the A, E, I, O rules or Venn Diagram.
This section is comparatively less important. Here, most of the questions will be logical or based on diagrams and flowcharts.
|End of Week 1||1 Reasoning Ability Test + 1 Computer Aptitude Test + 1 Mock Test|
|Week 2||Quantitative Aptitude
Learn and practice the following concepts thoroughly:
Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations, Data Sufficiency, and Number Series.
Regularly solve miscellaneous questions on profit and loss, time and work, age, boat and stream, area, simple and compound interest.
Here, we recommend focusing only on the important topics. Regular mock tests and practice will boost your speed and efficiency. Try to solve at least 50 questions each day to test your speed. Mock tests will allow you to manage your time better.
Practice reading comprehension, spotting errors, and sentence rearrangements. You must also use reliable books to practice Cloze Test and Sentence Improvement.
If your basics are strong and clear, you can regularly read the newspaper and take mock tests.
However, if your grip on the English language is weak you must buy a standard English language book to improve your vocabulary. You must regularly read magazines, newspapers, books, advertisements, or books. Learn new words and practice error spotting. Sit for mock tests regularly to analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
|End of Week 2||1 Quantitative Aptitude Test + 1 English Language Test + 1 Mock Test|
|Week 3||General or Financial Awareness
Use a standard textbook, news, and online resources to learn about the current affairs, banking, and economy, recent appointments, insurance, awards, and honors. You must be updated about new schemes, developments in sports, national and international news, and the latest developments in technology and science.
Read newspapers and try to remember all the general or financial current events.
|End of Week 3||1 General or Financial Awareness Test + 1 Mock Test|
|Week 4||● Cover the entire SBI Clerk prelims syllabus and regularly take mock tests
● Assess your weaknesses and focus more on them
● Solve the question papers of the previous years to understand the chapter weightage and pattern
● Revise the syllabus regularly
● Try to leave out chapters that you haven’t studied yet and focus on the topics that you have successfully covered so far
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Prelims 2021: Major Takeaways
Below are some tips that will allow you to prepare better for the SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 exam.
- Smart Study: You can’t possibly mug up the entire syllabus in a month so smart study is the key. Analyze the entire syllabus and identify your weak areas. You need to regularly read newspapers to boost your vocabulary and knowledge of current affairs. Follow our one-month study plan to ace your SBI Clerk preparation 2021.
- Chapter Weightage: Understanding the weightage of each chapter will allow you to prepare strategically. Download previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern well. You can then chalk out the areas which need more preparation than the others.
- Time Management: You will get 60 minutes for solving 100 questions. Try to solve each question within 30 seconds to leave home for revision. You must regularly take mock tests to improve your speed. Mock tests will enable you to schedule an ideal time management system. Cracking SBI Clerk Prelims depends primarily on your speed and efficiency. Revise all your answers well before submitting your paper.
- SBI Clerk Online Preparation Tools: No SBI Clerk preparation is complete without the integration of online tools. You must buy standard textbooks and reach out for reliable online preparation tools. You must integrate online resources like mock tests, revision capsules, and quizzes into your preparation. Moreover, you can opt for short test series, online preparation guides, online notes, and explainer videos to boost your SBI Clerk prelims preparation.
- Short Notes: Short Notes are your holy grail! Preparing short notes in the form of flow charts, bullet points or diagrams will enable you to revise efficiently without any wastage of time.
PRACTICE. REVISE. MOCK TESTS. If you want to crack the SBI Clerk Prelims 2021, practice and patience are the keys. Study every day and take mock tests to boost your confidence and speed. Measure your progress and keep working hard!