There are many hair loss shampoos on the market promising to stop hair loss and produce thicker hair.
Some products claim to achieve this through a proprietary brew of vitamins and minerals. Others aim to block DHT, a potent form of testosterone that plays an important role in male pattern hair loss.
Before you go shopping for DHT blocker shampoo, let’s take a look at what the research shows about these hair fall shampoos. Do they really work? If yes, then how? Continue reading to find out.
Do They Really Work?
Yes, DHT blocking shampoos can help you deal with hair fall that results from the DHT hormone. They aid in removing the DHT buildup in the scalp that inhibits hair development and frequently leads to hair loss.
Always ensure that these DHT blocking shampoos are designed using the right ingredients to increase the effectiveness of the said shampoo for hair loss.
Why Do They Work?
A DHT blocker shampoo can stop the hormone’s damaging effects on your scalp’s follicles, reducing hair loss, if your hair loss is related to DHT and the shampoo’s ingredients are efficient blockers. The effectiveness of hair loss shampoo is because of its active ingredients. In the case of DHT blocking shampoo, these are –
- 1% Saw palmetto – Saw palmetto is an extract from the berries of a palm found in the southeastern United States. Anti hair fall DHT blocking shampoo designed to thicken hair with saw palmetto might help lower DHT levels, unclogging hair follicles and boosting hair regrowth. Saw palmetto can help with hair regrowth, according to a 2020 assessment of the available evidence, even though the additional study is required.
- Ketoconazole – It is most well-known for its antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, which are why it is commonly used to treat infections or specific conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis. A pilot study of 15 people with alopecia in 2011 discovered that ketoconazole might be able to improve hair regrowth.
- Caffeine – It works as a natural DHT blocker for hair. A caffeine shampoo effectively blocks DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) hormone, which is majorly responsible for hair loss in men.
- Argan Oil – It strengthens your hair while also locking moisture into the strands to keep them frizz-free.
- Biotin – It is an essential vitamin that promotes hair growth and thickens hair. A biotin shampoo aids in the conversion of nutrients into the energy required for hair growth.
Why Should You Look Into This When Buying Anti Hair Fall Shampoo?
When it comes to hair loss shampoos, active ingredients are far more important than beautiful packaging or brand names. Because of this, you’ll want to check the list of ingredients before you buy any shampoo that’s designed to block DHT.
Most shampoos contain only a few active ingredients, which are usually chemicals or natural extracts with a measurable effect. The remaining ingredients in most shampoos are used to create the scent, feel, and texture of the shampoo, not to treat hair loss.
While these can make an anti hair fall shampoo more pleasant to use, the DHT-blocking ingredients actually cause hair loss. Caffeine, Argan Oil, Biotin, and 1% Saw Palmetto are some of the essential active ingredients to look for when purchasing anti hairfall shampoo.
Also Read: Don’t Allow Dandruff to Ruin Your Life
Who Can Benefit From This Shampoo?
DHT is thought to be the culprit behind shrunken hair follicles and hair losing its density and quality. This leads to hair loss, known as male pattern baldness.
If this is the case, regular DHT-blocking shampoo may help improve the appearance of thinning hair. It is preferable to begin using a product like this as soon as possible. However, it may take months or even a year to see full results from these products.
It might be a good idea to combine a DHT-blocking shampoo with a prescription treatment plan for hair loss if your doctor thinks this may work for you. If your hair loss isn’t related to DHT, these shampoos might not work for you.
If you’re wondering whether the right shampoo can help you reverse your hair loss, talk to your dermatologist and do some research before making a purchase.
A trip to the drugstore may provide you with enough DHT-blocking shampoo brand options to spin your head. As a result, it is best to select a scientifically proven shampoo with the active ingredients discussed in the article. Anti Hair Fall DHT Blocking Shampoo by ManMatters is one such shampoo for your consideration.